2020 Devour Culinary Classic
The 2020 Devour Culinary Classic promises to present the very best that Arizona’s culinary scene has to offer with even more opportunities to connect with Arizona’s local culinary culture. One hundred percent of all proceeds from the annual Devour Culinary Classic benefit the community efforts of Local First Arizona, Desert Botanical Garden and Arizona Business Committee for the Arts (AZBCA).
- Date: Saturday, February 22, and Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Media/Connoisseur/VIP Hour: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Location: Desert Botanical Garden, 1201 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Chef Justin Beckett, Beckett’s Table & Southern Rail
An acclaimed entrepreneur and innovator, Chef Justin Beckett is a leading force in Phoenix’s rising culinary scene. The son of a pastry chef who lived in five states and three countries before the age of 18, Justin draws upon a multitude of cultures and flavors in his own creations as the chef and co-owner of Beckett’s Table and Southern Rail in Phoenix, AZ. A graduate of the California Culinary Academy, Justin previously worked at Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine as well as a personal chef for Countess Von Galen of Germany, before partnering with his wife, Michelle, and their longtime friends and sommeliers, Scott & Katie Stephens, to open Beckett’s Table in 2010 and Southern Rail in 2014. Also serving on the Arizona Restaurant Association’s Board of Directors, Justin proudly sources a majority of his products from local purveyors. Slect awards listed below.
“Top 50 Restaurants in AZ” Phoenix Magazine
“Best Local Chef” Arizona Republic
“Best New Chef Nominee” Food and Wine Magazine
“Awards of Excellence” Wine Spectator (2012-2019)
“Best Restaurant in Phoenix” Food Network
“Restaurant with the Best Fried Chicken in America” The Today Show
“10 Best Dishes in Phoenix” Arizona Republic
“Places to Eat and Drink in Phoenix” Food & Wine Magazine
“Premier Wine Program” Foodist
“Awards of Excellence” Wine Spectator (2015-2017)
“Best New Restaurant in Scottsdale” Travel & Leisure
“Critics Pick, Best Local Chef” Arizona Republic
Chef Stephen Jones, the larder + the delta
A former football player who was also born into a family of master chefs and cooks, Stephen Jones trained at Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena before moving to Los Angeles to cook at Water Grill, Hollywood & Highland and Table 8. Moving to Las Vegas to serve as Sous Chef for the renowned Nobu and the much-missed Bradley Ogden, Stephen relocated to Chicago to serve as Executive Sous Chef of Mk Restaurant before moving to Phoenix. Here in the Valley of the Sun, Stephen worked at renowned kitchens, including Chef de Cuisine at Tarbell’s, Executive Chef at Latilla at the Boulders Resort, and opening chef Blue Hound Kitchen + Cocktails. In 2015 Stephen launched the larder + the delta in central Phoenix, named “Best Southern Restaurant” by the Phoenix New Times and “Best Fried Chicken” by Phoenix Magazine, and showcasing the best local produce, meat and dairy.
More to come
The entire talent lineup for the 2020 Devour Culinary Classic is being finalized. A continuously updated list of confirmed talent can be found at classic.devourphoenix.com/talent/. A list of chefs and their corresponding day of participation along with VIP Lounge features will be available on the website when tickets are released. A final list of talent will be posted and distributed in January, 2020.
Devour Week Events
February 15 – 23, 2020
As in years past, the Devour Culinary Classic will host a series of pre-events ahead of the main event to extend the culinary celebration all week long. Event details subject to change, and other events may be added at a later date.
Devour the World presented by the City of Peoria
Celebrate the international flavors of the Valley while enjoying cultural music and dance performances from around the world. Moving to Peoria for 2020, Devour the World will make this unique cultural festival more accessible to West Valley residents.
Date: Saturday, February 15
Location: Centennial Plaza – Peoria City Hall Complex 9875 N. 85th Ave, Peoria AZ 85345
Seven Chefs Dinner
Enjoy a one-night-only dining event at award-winning restaurant The Gladly with top local chefs, who first cooked together at the prestigious James Beard House in New York City, and now get together annually to promote the Arizona cooking scene.
Date: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Location: The Gladly, 2201 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ Tickets: devourphoenix.com
Devour Culinary Classic
The 2020 Devour Culinary Classic presents the very best that Arizona’s culinary scene has to offer with even more opportunities to connect with Arizona’s local culinary culture.
Date: Saturday, February 22 and Sunday, February 23, 2020
Time: Media/VIP Hour: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, General Admission 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Location: Desert Botanical Garden, 1201 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Ticket Sales Dates
2020 ticket sales will open first to members of the coordinating organizations. Following the exclusive member pre-sale, tickets will open to the general public.
- Member Pre-Sale: Active members of the Local First Arizona Localist program, Desert Botanical Garden, and the Arizona Business Committee for the Arts are eligible to purchase tickets for the Devour Culinary Classic and other Devour Week events beginning on Friday, November 8, 2019. Members will be given details for purchasing tickets by their respective organizations.
- General Ticket Sale: Tickets for the Devour Culinary Classic and other Devour Week events will be available to the public beginning Friday, November 22, 2019. Tickets are limited and those interested in attending Devour Culinary Classic events are encouraged to explore membership options with LFA, the Garden, and AZBCA to take advantage of the member pre-sale. Tickets will be available for purchase at classic.devourphoenix.com/tickets.
For the 2020 Devour Culinary Classic, there are three different ticket packages available. Cost of ticket package includes ticketing and processing fees. Packages are available for both Saturday, February 22, and Sunday, February 23, 2020. Packages are available for single day attendance only, those interested in attending both Saturday and Sunday must purchase those respective packages.
Tasting Package – $105:
The Tasting Package offers the essential experience allowing guests to sample and enjoy the best local restaurants and food while strolling Desert Botanical Garden.
- One Day General Admission to Devour Culinary Classic
- Access to Hensley/Quench Beverage Garden
- Access to Hensley/Quench Wine Sales area, with an exclusive selection of wine and
spirits available at discounted prices
- Access to Chef Demos
- Reusable Commemorative Wine Glass and Yolk
- Live Music and Arts Experience throughout the Garden
- Lyft Discount
VIP Package – $205:
The VIP Package is for those looking to have a truly exclusive experience with a private VIP Lounge with chefs and libations, and early entry to the event to stroll, meet the chefs before General Admission entry.
- VIP early admission increased to 90 mins and reserved parking for one day to Devour Culinary Classic
- The 2020 Devour VIP Dorrance Hall Lounge will feature an immersive experience of entertainment, and food exhibitions. Rub elbows with Devour special guests, celebrities, media and food judges throughout the day.
- Two Tickets for a return attendance to Desert Botanical Garden ($50 value).
- Access to all participating chef and purveyor menu tastings and experiences
- Access to all featured culinary demo, and education sessions
- Live Music and Arts Experiences throughout the Garden
- Reusable Wine Glass and Yoke
- Lyft discount
More details with regard to ticket package benefits to be announced in the coming months on the website at https://classic.devourphoenix.com/
All other event details and updates regarding the Devour Culinary Classic will be posted to devourphoenix.com/classic.
Official event hashtag: #DevourPhoenix. Follow @DevourPhoenix on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates.